Welcome to my site where I love to explore what I believe the bible says. I find myself looking for answers in God's Word for questions I encounter daily in life and am blessed to have others share their questions with me. Keep in mind that these are only my thoughts and my opinions. I share them in hope that you will be challenged and encouraged to seek what God has to say to you about these topics on your own...


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What are you giving to God?

Solomon was given wealth and riches far beyond anyone else in the Bible.  And Solomon gave us the example to follow to unleash God's blessing in our lives today:


And Solomon consecrated the middle of the court that was before the house of the LORD, for there he offered the burnt offering and the fat of the peace offerings, because the bronze altar Solomon had made could not hold the burnt offering and the grain offering and the fat.
2 Chronicles 7:7

Solomon honored the Lord by giving a sacrifice larger than the temple was able to handle.  The sacrifice was so large that a previously unconsecrated area of the temple had to be prepared to accept the offering Solomon wanted to dedicate to God.  Many times when we feel that we are giving everything we have for God, He is asking us to look at an area that we haven't yet dedicated to Him.  

Solomon didn't have to look far, the middle of the court was large and an obvious place where the offering could take place.

Defining the area of our life that God is waiting for us to commit to Him is usually as easy as it was for Solomon in the passage of scripture above.  Look for the most obvious place that God is missing in your life and consecrate that area to Him.

Be encouraged my friends!

Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment