Welcome to my site where I love to explore what I believe the bible says. I find myself looking for answers in God's Word for questions I encounter daily in life and am blessed to have others share their questions with me. Keep in mind that these are only my thoughts and my opinions. I share them in hope that you will be challenged and encouraged to seek what God has to say to you about these topics on your own...


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Who are you relying on?

Have you ever felt like there was just too much in front of you to handle?  Sometimes in life we face what seem to be odds that are so far against us that there is no way things can turn out the way we need them.  I know that I’ve found myself in a difficult spot or two and for reasons that still leave me guessing, I seem to look to God for the answer only after I’ve exhausted every other option.  I find my primary struggle as a Christian man to be, too much attempt at self reliance.  And the Bible clearly teaches a different message.

In biblical times, the Jewish people were led by many different kings.  A lot more bad ones than good ones for sure but Asa was one of the better ones.  Asa found himself in a really bad spot.  The Ethiopian army began to lay siege to the Judean kingdom and Asa found that he was outnumbered essentially two to one.  One million Ethiopians threatening Judah’s army of 580,000.  The Ethiopians not only outnumbered them, they had better weapons.  And what did Asa do?  Did he panic or fall apart?  No.

And Asa cried to the LORD his God, "O LORD, there is none like you to help, between the mighty and the weak. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this multitude. O LORD, you are our God; let not man prevail against you."
2 Chronicles 14:11

Asa recognized that there was no other way to victory other than through the Lord Himself.  He saw a very real problem in the world but sought a supernatural solution.  Asa decided that he must rely on God and no one else.  Expecting a victory any other way just wasn’t possible.

What are you trying to handle on your own?  Are you facing some overwhelming odds that you don’t think you can handle?  Follow the example of Asa and cry out to the Lord, the results could be supernatural!

Peace,

Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment